What is the best fabric for quilts?
The wool quilt is elastic, fluffy and light in weight. It has good warmth but poor breathability. Best weighted blanket cooling 2019. At the same time, the wool quilt is easy to be deformed by the wool because of the large shrinkage of the wool.
The duvet has the advantages of light, soft and warm. But there are many drawbacks to goose down products:
- The use of down as a filling material requires a higher fabric, otherwise the drilling phenomenon is very serious;
- Duvet covers are generally coated with high-density fabrics. These fabrics are mostly chemical fiber fabrics. The use of static electricity in winter is serious and the comfort is poor.
- The duvet is bulky, bloated, and inconvenient to carry and store. One of the biggest disadvantages of duvets is that they are poor in resistance to insects and mildew, and they need to use insecticides such as mothballs during storage;
The silk is smooth, breathable, gentle, hygroscopic, non-itching and antistatic. It has the unique qualities of being warm, fluffy, breathable and health care. The silk quilt will not be wormed, and it is not necessary to put drugs such as mothballs when storing. Its disadvantage is that the quilt will become thinner after a long time of use.
Chemical fiber quilts
Chemical fiber is generally divided into two major categories: artificial fiber and synthetic fiber. At present, the common categories are seven-hole quilt, nine-hole quilt, and space quilt.
- Their common advantages are white color, soft texture, draping and crispness, and smoothness and comfort.
- Their disadvantages are wear resistance, heat resistance, moisture absorption, and poor gas permeability. They are easily deformed by heat and are prone to static electricity and cause skin irritation.
Benefits of Pure Cotton Quilts
Why do we recommend you to buy pure cotton quilts? Shop online for 100% cotton Quilts you will love at great low prices.
- Pure cotton quilt without any additives, and the breath is fresh and natural, is a pure natural warmth. The duvet products, when exposed to moisture or rain, can produce odors, irritate the respiratory organs, damage the body, and affect the sleep process and depth.
- Cotton fiber is a natural product with no small fly ash. The fiber is long and tough, and is not easy to break. The down duvet products are constantly broken and stirred during the processing, and the fine fluff falls off a lot. With the passage of time, there will be more fine fluff falling off. In the process of use, it will continue to flow, diffuse into the room, enter the throat and lungs of the person, causing cough and lung discomfort.
- The natural and environmentally-friendly cotton quilt is pure plant fiber, which has no nutrient content and is not easy to breed bacteria. The down feather in the duvet quilt contains a large amount of nutrients, and moderately breeds a large number of bacteria due to moisture and other conditions.
- Pure cotton fiber has good thermal insulation, strong heat storage capacity and no static electricity. When people cover thick quilts at night, they can quickly go into deep sleep. The down heat absorption rate is relatively fast, the heat release rate is also relatively fast, and the whole body feels cold in the latter half of the night; and when the temperature rises, a large amount of static electricity is generated, irritating the skin, stimulating the nerve, and seriously affecting health.